Who can apply for the Employment Pass (EP)?
- Have a job offer in Singapore,
- Are in management, administration and other professional work, and
- Earn at least S$3,600 per month; or if
- You are a more experienced professional who meets a higher salary requirement.
Can I apply for EP with a high school diploma?
Yes, diploma holders who are professionals, highly skilled and experienced, earning higher salaries but do not hold graduate qualifications may also stand a good chance of EP approval.
Can I enter and leave Singapore freely after obtaining an EP?
Yes, you can enter and leave Singapore freely on a valid EP.
How does it benefit me, if I applied for EP?
- With EP, you do not need to apply for a visa within the validity period. You can freely return to and live in Singapore for a long time without any duration of residence.
- If you meet the minimum fixed monthly salary required for EP holders in Singapore, you can bring in family members on Dependant Passes (DP), such as your children. Your children can study directly in Singapore without having to apply for a student permit.
- Each EP holder is regarded as a tax resident of Singapore and will be issued a tax identification number, which you can use to open a bank account in Singapore.
Can I apply for Singapore Permanent Residence (PR) after I get my EP?
You can apply for ICA’s consideration after you have been working here on an EP or S Pass for some time.
How can I appeal if my EP application is rejected?
You can engage Acrabiz to appeal for your EP within 3 months from rejection, but we recommend you to contact us immediately. The appeal process isn’t simple or straightforward, as it may seem.
Is there an age limit for EP application?
No, there is no expressly stipulated age limit for EP Application.
Can I change employers after the EP application is successful?
Yes, you can. However, a new EP from your new employer is needed, unless you have other passes or visas that allow you to validly remain in Singapore.
Do I need a specialist to submit my EP application?
There is a huge amount of information which needs to be curated and a high volume of documents to be added to each application, notwithstanding the forms to be completed and submitted. It is highly advisable to engage a specialist with experience in this area to lessen the burden and ensure a successful application.
Can I submit the EP application myself?
To submit EP application by yourself, your company needs to activate a CPF online account followed by the EP online account. Then, your local director or secretary needs to register a CorpPass for you to log in and apply the EP. The whole set up process may take 1-2 months to complete and nominee director or secretary will most probably refuse you acting on behalf of the company in the submission. Moreover, the whole process is much more complex than you think. As a licensed firm by MOM, we can and are authorized to submit your application and communicate with MOM on your behalf.
What are the common additional documents that MOM will request during the EP application?
Some of the most commonly required documents may include:
- Latest Corporate Bank statement reflecting transactions
- Latest 3 months CPF contribution record
- The employment contract of the candidate indicating the position and salary
- Tenancy Agreement
- Latest sales contract secured by the company
- Justification for the EP application for the individual
- Justification for any document omission
How long does it take to approve EP?
It can take up to 8 weeks for approval. However, some of our clients got their EP within 2 weeks.
What is the duration of the EP?
An EP is usually valid for 1-2 years and can be renewed upon expiration.
Do I need to be in Singapore when EP is submitted on my behalf?
No. However if you want to enter or stay in Singapore before the EP is approved, you need a valid pass or visa.
Do I need to stay physically in Singapore during the validity of my EP?
What is the requirement for EP renewal?
- You can apply to renew your EP up to 6 months before it expires.
- For instance, our clients submit their renewal when they receive the renewal forms by post, 3 months before the pass expires. Their application needs to reach us at least 2 months before the pass expires.
What is the requirement for EntrePass renewal?
- EntrePass holders will receive the renewal forms 3 months before their pass expires.
- Our clients will mail the completed renewal form to us 2 months before the pass expires.
- Renewal will be based on criteria such as the company incorporation, proof of business activities, and shareholding of the companies (i.e. at least 30%).
What are the factors that the Authority will consider in approving my EP?
- Generally, the authority may consider the applicants’ salary, qualifications, work experience and nature of the employment.
What happens if my first EP appeal was rejected?
- You can re-appeal for your EP application if you are rejected on the first attempt.
How long does the application of Dependent Pass take to approve?
- Generally, it takes 1-2 weeks.
Can I submit an EP and DP application together?
Can I apply for Singapore PR?
Yes, you can apply for Singapore PR through the following channels:
- EP or S Pass holders
- Through the GIP programme
- Through sponsorship
Add a Comment