At Acrabiz, we take our responsibilities under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) seriously. We also recognise the importance of the Personal Data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to manage, protect and process your Personal Data properly.
This policy applies in conjunction with any other policies, notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply concerning the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us. We may revise this policy from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this policy was last updated.
1. The term “Personal Data” refers to information that is connected to you as an identifiable individual, defined under the PDPA to mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access. Personal data may include, without limitation, your name, address, credit card number, telephone number, email address, date of birth, gender, information about your preferences, and any other information collected by us where you are identified or identifiable.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
3. We may collect Personal Data from you through various means, including but not limited to situations when you:
- provide your Personal Data to register and create an account in our website or requesting to receive our direct marketing materials;
- participate in a promotion, campaign or other Website feature;
- send us any enquiries, questions or other types of communications;
- make purchases through the website; and/or
- provide us with your Personal Data for purposes as otherwise notified by us from
time to time.
4. You have no obligation to provide any of the Personal Data requested by us. However, we may not be able to provide you with certain services or with access or use of certain features of the website, where these depend on the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data.
5. Where practicable, we will collect Personal Data directly from you. If we receive Personal Data about you from someone else, we will take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware that we have collected such Personal Data about you and the circumstances of the collection.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
6. For the purpose of forming your business or company, we need you to provide us personal and corporate information about the proposed company name, type of entity, description of the business activity, the registered address, the name and address of the shareholders, directors and officers of your company, the paid-up and the par value of such shares.
7. All Information provided for the company incorporation in Singapore will be filed with ACRA and become a matter of public record, meaning the information required in the filing is accessible to the public. All Information provided for the company incorporation for offshore jurisdictions is not a matter of public records.
8. The purpose covers carrying out due diligence or other screening activities, including background checks, know-your-client (KYC) checks and anti-money laundering due diligence checks; complying with legal or regulatory obligations (whether Singapore or foreign country) applicable to us; meeting the requirements or guidelines of governmental authorities which we determine are applicable to us, adhering to risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us.
9. Acrabiz utilises email to communicate with customers regarding their orders or products and services that they enquired. We may occasionally use it to notify you of our new services and special offers via periodic mailings or email updates. Customers may opt-out of these communications.
10. We will disclose or provide access to your personal data to the government authority if required by law or for a legal proceeding.
11. We will not sell, rent or trade any of your information collected during the ordering and fulfilment process to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
12. You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Data in our possession or under our control at any time by submitting your request to us.
13. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require a reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the application and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us.
14. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about how we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
16. We may also charge you a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your requests to access your Personal Data. If so, we will provide you with a written estimate of the fee. Please note that we are not required to respond to or deal with your access request unless you have agreed to pay the fee.
17. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within thirty (30) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
18. We will make reasonable efforts by taking appropriate precautions and preventive measures to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage or alteration of your Personal Data.
19. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is entirely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are continually reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
20. We generally rely on personal data provided by you. To ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
21. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
22. We will cease to retain your personal data or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
23. For users of the website, please note that Acrabiz may deposit “cookies” in your computer to identify you. Cookies are small data text files that are sent from a server computer during a browsing session. Cookies are typically stored on the computer’s hard drive and are used by websites to simulate a continuous connection to the site. Security measures have been employed to prevent unauthorised access to visitor data. However, you acknowledge that the Company does not control the transfer of data over telecommunication facilities including the Internet. Therefore, we will not be responsible for any breach of security or the unauthorised disclosure or use of any such data on the Internet. Not all cookies collect Personal Data, and you may configure your browser to reject cookies. However, this may mean you may not be able to take full advantage of the Services or features on the website.
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT CREATION
24. Alongside the collection of cookies’ information, you must also provide us with a password, your name, address and a valid email address during the customer account creation process. Please note that It is your responsibility to keep your password strictly confidential.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
25. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
26. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures; or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
The Data Protection Officer
Contact No. : 6822 3908
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org